Six more local sports and arts organization have received provincial gaming grants from the province.
The Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development has announced a total of $177,900 for the Central Okagan community organizations including:
• Lake Country Art Gallery Society—$20,000
• Central Okanagan Sailing Association—$24,300
• Kelowna Youth Soccer Association—$30,000
• Disabled Sailing Association of B.C.-Okanagan Branch—$5,000
• Telemark Nordic Club—$26,000
• West Kelowna Minor Hockey Association—$72,600.
Across British Columbia, 143 recipients will share more than $3.9-million in the latest round of grants this year. Recipients of these grants include programs for sports, arts and culture.
“This $20,000 in funding being awarded to the Lake Country Art Gallery Society will support the gallery in continuing to enrich our community and provide opportunities for residents and visitors to appreciate the work of artists from the Okanagan and across the country.” said MLA Norm Letnick.