Gallagher’s Canyon Golf Club in Kelowna is joining the fight against ALS.
The course is the latest to join, and one of 43 courses across B.C. taking part in the 18th annual PGA of BC Golfathon for ALS. At the event, golfers play as many holes as they can from sunrise to sundown to raise funds and bring awareness to ALS.
Two golfers are partaking in this year’s event at Gallagher’s Canyon on June 26 - Lee Alarie and Josh Johnston.
In Kelowna, Black Mountain Golf Course, Sunset Ranch Golf and Country Club, and the Okanagan Golf Club - Bear and Quail are also taking part in the fundraiser. Black Mountain’s golfers are Deryl Priebe & Russ Latimer. Sunset Ranch’s is Aaron Orbst and Okanagan Golf Club’s is to be announced. While Sunset Ranch’s and the Okanagan Golf Club’s dates has yet to be announced, Black Mountain is hosting their event on Monday, June 12.
Many courses around the Okanagan are taking part in the fight against ALS with the golfathon. The other courses are:
- Hillview Golf Course - Vernon - Monday, June 19;
- Kamloops Golf and Country Club - Kamloops - Thursday, June 22;
- Shuswap National Golf Course - Salmon Arm - Tuesday, June 27;
- Summerland Golf and Country Club - Summerland - Thursday, June 22;
- Talking Rock Golf Course - Chase - Tuesday, June 27;
- Vernon Golf and Country Club - Vernon - Tuesday, June 13.