Local fire departments and BC Forest Service are aware of a number of wild fires burning within the Regional District of Central Okanagan.
The regional district issued a press release late Thursday asking area residents to refrain from reporting any of the wild fires noted below:
• Beaver Lake area K40719 (west of Lake Country): 1 hectare
• Princeton Ave K50723 (north of Princton Avenue): 5 hectares
• Myra Bellevue K50726 and K50724 (7 kms west of Little White): 130 hectares
• Terrace Mountain area: reports of smoke sightings
• Gillard Forest Service Rd K50722 (5 km from Kelowna city limits): 1 hectare
• Trepanier K50718: Brenda Mine area reported Aug. 26: 1 hectare
• Boliver Forest Service Rd K50666 3Kms south east of Peachland Lake, reported Aug. 17: 1 hectare
Local fire dispatch is in regular communication with the Kamloops Fire Center regarding all fires in our region and will update the public through the media on any significant developments.
Local fire departments are not currently working on the noted fires as they are all out of municipal jurisdictions.
The Emergency Operations Center has not been activated.
Residents are encouraged to monitor the BC Forest Service website for more information at http://bcwildfire.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/Fires.asp.
To report a new wild fire, call 1-800-915-1925 or *5555 from a cell phone.