No injuries or extreme damage during furnace fire in Kelowna

No injuries or extreme damage during furnace fire in Kelowna

Fire Departments responded early Wednesday morning

The Kelowna Fire Department responded to calls of a furnace fire in a house in the 7700 block of Highway 97 at around 10:57 a.m. Wednesday morning.

Crews first arriving on scene reported a house with smoke coming out of the residence. Fire crews found an electric furnace that had caught fire. The fire was quickly extinguished with no further damage extending past the furnace fire. No exposures were involved, and the fire is reported to be caused by an electrical issue in the furnace.

The residents of the address were out of the house when crews arrived and no injuries have been reported.

To report a typo, email:
newstips@kelownacapnews.com
.


@KelownaCapNews
newstips@kelownacapnews.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

City of Kelowna