The District of Lake Country is hosting a series of Front Porch Meetings in May and June.
Check the What’s Happening calendar at lakecountry.bc.ca to view the agenda for each meeting. Bring your questions and come prepared to hear an update from council and staff on what’s happening in the District.
In addition to the May 9 Oyama meeting Thursday, May 9 at 7 p.m. at the Oyama Community Club, the meetings are:
• Carr’s Landing Thursday, May 16
• Okanagan Centre Thursday, May 23
• Winfield Thursday, June 6.
An open forum for public concerns and comments will be included in each meeting.
Bring your questions and comments on topics such as:
1. Noxious Weed Control—presentation from Regional District Bylaw Enforcement
2. Pelmewash Parkvway update
3. Integrated Community Sustainability Plan update
4. Integrated Transportation Framework update
5. Water Master Plan update
6. Walk/bike lane connecting Vernon and Lake Country
7. Speed and traffic control on the isthmus
8. How to file complaints about dust from gravel pits
Public comments are invited on any items like parks, weeds, budget.