Pixabay

Get out the gumboots; rainy weather predicted for Kelowna

Hunker down for a rainy weekend

Put away the swimsuits because Environment Canada is predicting a rainy weekend.

Saturday is expected to reach a high of 17 C with 40 per cent chances of rain while Sunday has a high of 16 C and a 60 per cent chance of showers.

Monday is also expected to be cooler, but only has a 30 per cent chance of rain. The rest of the week is predicted to have a mix of sun and clouds with hotter temperatures.

Snow warnings remain in effect for higher elevations including the Okanagan Connector.

@carliberry_
carli.berry@kelownacapnews.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Just Posted

VIDEO: Kelowna man surprised to find unusual suspect caught on video

Meldon Lutzer found something unusual with his house plant and then checked his cameras

Berry: A lesson to be learned from Marie Kondo’s Netflix tidying show

Kelowna - ”How often do you read all those books collecting dust on the shelf in your living room?”

Comedy fundraiser for Okanagan baseball leagues

It’s a comedy and carnival night for the Okanagan College, Okanagan Athletics, and Kelowna Jr Coyotes

Two Kelowna stores work to raise funds for non-profit and the Central Okanagan Foodbank

ScanDesigns Furniture and Muse & Merchant Home Collection locations raised $20,500

Ballet Kelowna kicks off with first 2019 program, Winter

The new program comes to the Kelowna Community Theatre Feb. 1

Vernon ringette team tops in Calgary

Also highlights from Okanagan rink action with Westside, Kelowna and Salmon Arm

Teravainen’s 3 points lift Hurricanes to 5-2 win over Canucks

Vancouver heads into all-star break on losing note

47 men arrested by Vancouver police for allegedly seeking sex with teenage girls

Seven of those arrested have been charged as part of a two-month operation

B.C. hospital apologizes for veteran’s five-day hallway stay

Clinical director of Victoria General Hospital says case of retired veteran ‘definitely excessive’

Speaker Darryl Plecas says ‘justice’ needed for legislature employees

Plecas spoke to media at the opening of a pedestrian and cycling bridge in Abbotsford Wednesday

Advocate hopes B.C. legislature scandal leads to more transparency

‘Depressing’ that it takes a scandal to inspire freedom of information reform, says Sara Neuert

‘Dr. Lipjob’ avoids jail, gets 30-day suspended sentence

She will have to serve the 30 days in prison if she commits a breach during her two-year’s probation

UPDATE: Man shot by police during arrest in Kelowna

RCMP are surrounding the CIBC at the mall in Kelowna

Ex-Mountie involved in Taser death at Vancouver airport sues government

Kwesi Millington claims he acted in accordance with RCMP training

Most Read