- Our Town
Public ALR hearing for properties on Bottom Wood Lake, Powley and Lodge roads
A public hearing regarding taking less than half a hectare of land out of the Agricultural Land Reserve will be held Tuesday, March 5, 7 p.m., in the District of Lake Country Municipal Hall, 10150 Bottom Wood Lake Rd.
The application is for Agricultural Land Reserve ALR2012-003 .
The district proposes that the lands described below be excluded from the ALR:
• Portion of Lot 11, District Lots 169 & 117, ODYD, Plan 216 Except Plans 36673 and 39548
• Portion of Lot 10, District Lots 117 & 169, ODYD, Plan 216 Except Plans 12250, 16540, 17318 and 43162
• Lot A, District Lot 169, ODYD, Plan 17318
• Lot B, District Lot 169, ODYD, Plan 17318
The civic addresses of these properties are 10639 Bottom Wood Lake Rd.; 10587 and 10615 Powley Court; and 10370 Lodge Rd.
The exclusion is requested to allow for a total of 0.46 hectares (1.14 acres) of land be removed from the ALR which will:
• Align the subject properties with the Official Community Plan Future Land Use Map designation of High Density Residential;
• Fulfill commitments made for the Lodge Road Upgrade Project which provided a safe pedestrian corridor and improved drainage on ALR lands, and
• Allow two of the properties (Lot 10 & 11) to be subdivided to allow the small portions of the property to be removed from the Agricultural Land Reserve and the larger portions to remain in the Agricultural Land Reserve.
Any property owners who believe their interest in property is affected by this application will be given a reasonable opportunity to be heard or to present written submissions respecting the matter.
A copy of the proposed application and relevant background material may be inspected at the Municipal Office, District of Lake Country Development Services Department beginning today until Tuesday, March 5, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
No submissions to council can be received after the public hearing.
The public hearing is held in accordance with the Local Government Act and the Agricultural Land Commission Act.